Monday, August 6, 2012

Fresh Picked and Pulled Apart

When we bought our house a couple of years ago, one of the cool bonus features was this:
 Yup.  A peach tree.  Why this was so awesome to me is a little uncertain.  I have no clue how to properly care for a peach tree, and I have never historically been a huge peach eater.  But I was excited about it anyway.  I mean, just look!
So when my sister over at CMomCook told me about a new bread baking forum which this month is featuring breads make with summer fruits, I knew I would have to participate!  This new forum is called Twelve Loaves, and is designed to encourage more of us to bake at home.  Which is something I totally believe in, so I am really excited to see where it takes me!  A big thanks to Lora from Cake Duchess, Jaimie from Life's a Feast and Lisa from Parsley, Sage & Sweet (a personal fave in the food-blogging world!) for creating this fun new challenge, and for encouraging such creativity.
With a summer fruit bread challenge and beautiful, home-grown peaches in hand  I was ready.  Well, sort of.  I was originally thinking I would make  peach monkey bread, going from the strawberry monkey bread Auntie Twin had made.  I made the sweet bread dough and had it proofing, then we went out to harvest.
 It was around then that I decided to do something other than monkey bread.  Putting our heads together, Auntie Twin and I came up with the idea to make peach pull-apart bread.  Yum.
I cooked down the pealed and chopped peaches with some brown sugar and cinnamon:
This was then mashed into gooey goodness.
The sweet dough was rolled out and covered with cinnamon sugar:
 The peach mash was then spread over the dough:
 Using my pizza cutter I cut rows of dough, which then stacked and cut into rectangles.  The rectangles were then (quite messily) put into a well sprayed loaf pan:
 Into the oven to bake.  When the house smelled too good to wait, the bread was taken out to cool.
I then drizzled the loaf with a cinnamon vanilla glaze:
It took a LOT of restraint to wait until after dinner to dig in!!  But it was so worth the wait...
If you want to take part in the Twelve Loaves fun, check out Lisa or Lora's blogs for full rules and details.  And don't forget to add yourself to the linky!

http://linkyimg.arvixededicated.com/v2_thumbnail_linky_enter.aspx?id=156998

4 comments:

  1. Ruth-your peaches are amazing and so is your pull-apart bread. Your family is lucky to have you and your sister both as amazing bakers:)Thank you for baking along with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth..I've seen many pull-apart breads, but with a peach mash? Nope..and it's a brilliant way to use the gorgeous summer peaches! Is there any left?? I'm so thrilled you joined in and baked with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth, I'm Lora's mom, Lizzie. I will be supporting Lora this month, hostessing for her 'Twelve Loaves'. Love your delicious and creative pull apart bread with the peach mash, and especially your own peach tree. You are so blessed to have your own peach tree, just like Lora having a beautiful mango tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you have a peach tree! When we finally own our own home I want to plant peach and apple trees! :) I love this gorgeous pull apart bread, too! I have been wanting to make one, and I think this is the one I want to make!!

    ReplyDelete